25 July 2011

in the middle of it

this summer

so last year there was a list and this year there's a list and surely there will always be a summer list. always, for the rest of our days. forever and ever amen. I'll tell you, I've never seen a thrift store chalkboard work so hard. this is because we see it every time we walk in or out the front door and we are always reminded. if there's too much wii action or too much television or too much woefulness regarding varying states of boredom, the chalkboard list is there, happy to serve. in fact, it's so happy it practically sings out the listed items. I swear I hear it singing.

we have a long way to go but summer is not over yet. not by a long shot.

17 comments:

  1. what a great list ... think I need to get myself chalk board right now - I love a list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some really fun to-do's there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a chalkboard. I'm putting the boys to work today...they can make one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your lists are always awesome. but this list? on this chalk board? the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think this is the greatest idea. Now I need a chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! You are such a good momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i lurve this picture. and your lists. have i said that before?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your PX680 photos ... It's like that film was made for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made a short list of things to do this summer but it is just on paper. However, I think if I have something as big as a chalkboard screaming at me to do them, I'd be more inclined to do them. :)

    Btw, what are those plants called?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is list-making perfection. LOVE.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey thanks, everyone! two dollars at the thrift store well spent and summer to-do lists are my absolute favorite to make. :)

    jay-- those plants are succulents that are often called either snake plants or mother in law tongues... funny, eh? anyway, they're practically impossible to kill. which is partly why I like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. whenever you head down the 101...
    be sure to push through the gate in our intimidating-but-secret-garden-making hedge, and join ander & zaza & i for popsicles and iced coffee and a run through the sprinkler (and a nap under the oak tree) before we drag you off down Melrose for a street art photo safari.
    seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  13. zameander-- oh my friend! I would love nothing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your enthusiasm. i feel like summer slipped right by us.

    it was hard this year. so very hard.

    ReplyDelete