02 February 2006

like he said



"every child is an artist. the problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." pablo picasso

currently taken with the notion that she never left me. very willing to get my hands dirty these days though I am much more critical and less willing to experiment than I ever remember being. what happens to us? chipping away to see if the wild-style freeform painter/drawer/gluer/project girl still resides in this skin. I think that's a little bit of her in the photo above, attempting to resurface.

(embarking on my first ever postcard swap)

10 comments:

  1. maybe you just need to let her play more often.
    Usually I get a bit braver, when I am trying something new?
    can't wait to see what bubbles up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, what are you trying to do? inspire us or something? (...it's working)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i just say how inspired and how happy that picture makes me???

    thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a third hand sprouted up on top of your head!!?? Who took this picture :) ?!
    YES - more art to the people. Rock on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the photographic culprit. I took a couple of shots of Andrea at work yesterday. It was very cool to see all her stuff layed out like this with the great lighting and with all the colors here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw! i love that quote - and look at you! embarking on your first postcard swap! how sweet! really! such a great shot of the process; it's captured well - kudos to the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh she's there!!!!

    can't wait to see what you and she come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is a postcard swap? And can I play?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! That's exactly what my table looked like while I was making the postcards for this swap. I especially enjoyed making yours because I like your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! I can't wait to get one! I have every reason to believe they'll be wonderful. You are SUCH an artist and an inspriation, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete